My latest guest post covers how to be indispensable and sought-after in academia with 3 key pieces of advice.
Listen to my guest spot on The Scholarpreneur podcast for tips on how to making part-time teaching work for you
In this episode, you’ll hear:
- Why networking is the best thing you can do for yourself as an adjunct
- Why uploading your lectures to YouTube can make universities come to you and offer a job
- Earning a full-income with part-time teaching by mixing in-person teaching and online teaching at a university
- How to get certified to teach online and quickly find online teaching jobs at universities even if you have no tech knowledge
- How to arrange your schedule for maximum flexibility
- How it is actually possible to be a happy adjunct instructor
The 3-Step Speech: How to Build a Message, Feel Confident, and Have Fun
Happy Professor: An Adjunct Instructor’s Guide to Personal, Financial, and Student Success
How to Create a Meaningful Morning Routine (by Courtney Carver) *Note: I get a small commission if you purchase this course.
How to Create an Effective & Positive Learning Environment
(For aspiring & current college instructors. Coming 2016)
Happy Professor details:
Teaching college part-time to earn a ‘full-time’ salary is not easy, but it can change your life for the better if you take steps to make that happen.
Happy Professor: An Adjunct Instructor’s Guide to Personal, Financial, and Student Success is a collection of useful tips for loving life in and out of the classroom by ‘full-time’ adjunct professor, Erin Ebanks.
With a change in perspective, a sense of humor, and an appreciation for the simple things, Ebanks proves that teaching college can be an incredibly rewarding and overall ‘happy’ experience.
The 3-Step Speech details:
In The 3-Step Speech: How to Build a Message, Feel Confident, and Have Fun, Erin Lovell Ebanks sums up the basics of public speaking as 3 essential steps to presenting: building an effective message, feeling great about it, and understanding how this skill can lead to lifelong success. Through these steps, she shows that anyone can not only survive their public speaking experiences, but thrive as a result of them.
Through the addition of insightful interviews with a variety of public speaking professionals, Ebanks proves that even those initially overcome with fear can learn to truly love the art of developing and delivering a message.
For a discounted price, free shipping, and a signed paperback, order your copies of Happy Professor and The 3-Step Speech below: